[hpsdr] Hermes Pure Signal

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sat Dec 12 09:33:02 PST 2015

Not really, I think.  Reducing the data rate addresses only one of the issues.  There still remain issues associated with the FPGA size not able to hold the CIC/FIR filters needed for PureSignal, as I understand the situation.

Phil would be the one to comment on those particular requirements.  There might also be issues with insufficient bus lines to be able to route the IQ signals between modules as necessary for PureSignal.  The PureSignal developers (Phil, Warren, Doug) have tried to conceive of a workable scenario for the Atlas bus systems without success to date.

Maybe Phil can re-summarize the unresolvable-to-date issues for us, in case my understanding/explanation is maybe erroneous in some way.

73, Joe K5SO