[hpsdr] VS2015 build questions & help request

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Thu Dec 24 10:03:44 PST 2015

Rick, George,

Doug, Warren, Phil, and I use VS2013 Community in our current development activities, by mutual agreement to avoid problems with different development tool version compatibilities, such as you are experiencing with using VS2015.  Some day we may wish to move to VS2015 Community but that is not today.  There are simply too many changes presently in flux with software/firmware/protocol issues to unnecessarily complicate things further by switching development tools midstream during this large development effort.

My recommendation to you is to use VS2013 Community if you wish to be compatible with our current work without issues.  Of course, if you don’t mind working through compatibility issues then by all means use whatever version of tools you wish.  Just thought I’d let you know what we’re presently using.

73, Joe K5SO