[hpsdr] VS2015 build questions & help request

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Dec 24 10:23:55 PST 2015

Joe,
Thank you for your reply!  I was only informing Rick why he was having an issue with
VS2015, and informing you and Doug what the apparent compatibility issues with VS2015
were.  I'm still using VS2013 for KISS Konsole maintenance.

Beyond the issue that I identified, I'm not sure that you would find any other issues in
VS2015, since the code involved is C code and not C++ code.  If you have identified any
other issues, I would appreciate hearing about them!

Of course you need to become aware of the issues such as the one that Rick raised.
Otherwise we become stuck too far in the past.  I was part of the group that proposed that
VS2013 (community edition, with the MFC MBCS supplement) was acceptable.  I agree that
you, Doug, Phil and Warren need to work on a common platform.  Yet, making a somewhat
simple change to allow others the possibility of exploring a newer version of Visual
Studio doesn't seem like it should be a significant inconvenience to you all.  If I'm
wrong in that supposition, I'd like to understand why.

I am not, after all, proposing that you move to VS2015 Community Edition as your
development environment.  Only that you do some relatively minor things to not preclude
others from using VS2015 Community Editon.

73,
George K9TRV