[hpsdr] JetPack TK1 now available for the Jetson TK1

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Jan 7 14:09:22 PST 2015

Yesterday, while home with a cold, I discovered that NVidia has recently put up something
called 'JetPack TK1' for the Jetson TK1.  This bit of software (about a 60mb download), is
a .run file for Linux systems, mostly Ubuntu 14.04, that makes it drop-dead easy to set up
the development environment AND build and install a new rootfs, etc on the Jetson TK1, in
a matter of hours.

I downloaded the .run file, copied it to my Ubuntu 14.04 system, and ran it, choosing
'complete' install.  This then downloaded all the needed CUDA development environment,
built a new rootfs, had me connect my TK1 via micro-USB cable (and do the 'force recovery'
thing), flashed a new rootfs onto the TK1, this time with a working Ubuntu desktop (no
more command line required!), built and installed all the demo programs.

In short, it updated the rootfs on my TK1 from cuda 6.0 to latest cuda 6.5, the R21.2
(newer than the 21.1!) rootfs stuff, all without my having to study and follow many pages
of many different manuals.  They're making this way too easy!  They shouldn't do that!
Now, everyone will buy and experiment with a Jetson TK1!

73,
George K9TRV