[hpsdr] JetPack TK1 now available for the Jetson TK1

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Jan 10 23:40:47 PST 2015

Hi George,

Thanks for the tip since I was just about to flash my board the long way.

I used VMware to install Ubuntu V14.04 on a virtual machine on my Windows
8.1 PC.

Just need to ensure that you have enough virtual disk space (the default
20GB was not enough so I used 60GB to be safe) and that when starting Ubuntu
you have the Jetson already in Recovery mode so that Ubuntu can see it -
lsusb will confirm if not shown graphically.

I see there is a possible issue after loading R21.1 with Gigabit Ethernet in
which case there is a fix here:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/799075/embedded-systems/jetson-tk1-r8169-netdev-watchdog-timeout-solved-/

73 Phil...VK6PH