[hpsdr] BBhamnet & Hermes??

John Laur johnlaur at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 13:16:26 PDT 2015

Hi, John

We have discussed it several times in the past on this and other lists; the
HPSDR protocol is not tolerant of high latency (above about 5ms or so),
packet loss, or out of order packets. Wireless networks inherently have
more of this stuff than local wired networks, and on wide area mesh
networks, such things happen routinely. I would not expect that running the
radio over this type of network would work well if at all.

You could use a solution like ghpsdr3-alex provides which is a
client/server architecture that would be more tolerant of this type of
network. http://napan.ca/ghpsdr3/index.php/Main_Page This would require a
small server computer to be located with the radio.

73, John K5IT