[hpsdr] Anan-10 spurs

Erik van Maanen pa3des at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 16 00:58:16 PDT 2015

Highest spurs are -120dBm here but most of them are below -125dBm.
I have the TAPR board in the anan-10 case+amp from apache.
One thing I discovered is that the routing of the thin coaxes to the amp
in the box makes a big difference so its worth to open anan and see if
they are close to the
switch mode power supply.

For measurements I have a separate angelia board, there are almost no
spurs and all of them below -130dBm.
I am 99% sure they come from the external power supply, angelia doesn't
have the switch mode power supply.
Besides that everything is relative, -130dBm is a level most commercial
ham sets and even the older professional sets are not able to detect.
Since I have hermes the professional stuff ( Rohde & Schwarz etc  ) was
collecting dust and I eventually sold everything to fund an angelia board.
Never regretted, hpsdr users are seriously spoiled :-).

73, Erik PA3DES