[hpsdr] Anan-10 spurs

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 01:33:31 PDT 2015

Walter,

As you have noticed, J21 interrupts the +12V bus and stops the +5V SMPS.
That was the possibility I’ve mentioned. Of course you have to bridge 1-2 at
J26 to supply the +5Vbus externally.
If you want to feed the board with both clean (hi) external +12V and +5V
sources select the necessary option provided by J16, J17 too. Please note
that the supply voltage at the PA ICs U6, U7 MAY NEVER exceed +12V otherwise
they will get damaged.

In my individual setup (only Hermes) I’ve no issues with spurs and made no
efforts to disable SMPs.

73, Helmut, DC6NY