[hpsdr] Any suggestions for small, passive, 12V PC for HPSDR?

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Fri Jul 17 21:30:14 PDT 2015

There has been an explosion of small form factor PCs, both as
barebones systems (the manufacturer provides case, motherboard, power
supply, and CPU, you provide everything else) and as complete systems
(including RAM, SSD, and a Windows install). They generally use
external power bricks, so it is possible to feed DC into them instead.
(The voltage may vary.) The ones based on the Intel Atom are mostly
fanless and consume under 15 watts; there are also ones that use Intel
Core i3 or i5 processors that have fans and consume a bit more power
(but are also faster). You should be able to come up with something
that will suit your needs. Have a look on Newegg for "mini PCs" to get
an idea of what is available.