[hpsdr] Hermes trouble

Info info at mds-ham.com
Tue Jun 2 07:33:12 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have been using my Hermes for about 1 month now.  Last night, after
running all day on 6M, the Hermes went into
some sort of rx oscillation mode (I think) where the display went to
around 0 dbm.

Changed bands, took off the antenna, stopped and restarted PSDR, but the
only thing that helped is powering off
the Hermes.  I thought it might be getting too hot, but it ran all day.

Restarted the computer, reset the database.  Now, it goes into this
failure mode between 10 seconds and several
minutes.  All the leds inside are normal, and no changes seen there.

I am wondering what might cause this?  Being digital, I wondered if the
highest order bit of the ADC might not be making
good connection and going high all the time(???)

BTW, other things which are probably not good news, I was unable to
re-program the Hermes with J12 on.   The programmer
software does not find the Hermes.  However, PSDR never has a problem
finding the Hermes (with and without the 0dbm
problem).

Can you use the ALtera programmer to program the 3.1 main code?

73's

Glen K4KV