[hpsdr] Hermes now rxing

MDS Info info at mds-ham.com
Tue May 5 07:26:34 PDT 2015

Hello,

My home brew Hermes is now rxing.  I have it on a splitter I made with a K3
on one side.  I performed this test
with the Hermes Lite the other nite..

It appears that the signal on the Hermes is attenuated about 20db.  It might
mean my preamp chip is not working.
However, I do not know if the preamp chip will still pass signals if it does
not function.

The noise floor with the S-ATT at zero is very low, probably around -135db
on 20M right now.  As I raise the S-ATT the noise
floor rises to -110db and the signals disappear.  I would have thought just
the signals would decrease as I raised the S-ATT!?

Is this normal behavior?

BTW, as far as readability of weak signals, the Hermes and K3 are
step-in-step.

73's

Glen K4KV