[hpsdr] HPSDRProgrammer V2 crashing?

Jim Barber barberaudio at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:56:34 PDT 2015

I've come across two computers now that simply won't run the latest
version of
HPSDRProgrammer (V2) from the OpenHPSDR website.

Both machines are Windows 7 and are healthy machines without previous
installations
of WinPCAP or any Qt-based software. (WinPCAP 4.13 is obviously
installed before the
programmer is run)

The issue is a crash in Qt5Core.dll as the program first loads, before
the GUI is displayed.

I've tried running the program as administrator, and tried various
"compatibility" options.

Any ideas? I'm trying to get the latest firmware loaded to friend's
ANAN-100D, but neither
his shack machine or my laptop will run HPSDRProgrammer.

What really seems strange to me is that I only recently put a fresh copy
of Windows 7 on his
desktop machine, tuned the drivers and loaded It runs PowerSDR mRX
perfectly, but that and
the minimum set of hardware drivers is all that's installed.
HPSDRProgrammer runs just fine on
my home desktop machines, FWIW...

Any ideas?

Thanks,