[hpsdr] Low Impedance coax

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 15:27:43 PDT 2015

hi All,Communications concepts sells different sizes but this is the real deal.CCI is selling single shield teflon wire used in mil applications. #24 wire is close to 25 ohms, #22=21 ohms, . #20=18.5 ohms, #18=ohms, #12= 11 ohms, It is pretty easy to calculate the impedance of surplus cable. There is no magic to avoid high prices. I'm using #22 in my final because #24 runs warm at 300 watts. I make high power 25 ohm coax by pulling the guts out of RG141, RG400 and replacing it with #14 Teflon insulated wire. It easily handles 1KW PEP on 6 meters. Frank,  WA1GFZ