[hpsdr] Ozy-Metis (RPi2) gateway announcement

Bob Wisdom bob.wisdom at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:59:06 PDT 2015

As a HPSDR owner using a Ozy, I thought it would be a bit of fun to see if
I could use a Raspberry Pi2 to gateway between Ozy USB and to emulate a
Metis Ethernet card to the outside world.

On a more serious note, it appears that some of the HPSDR apps seem to be
loosing support for Ozy, and this might provide a way to help overcome that.

My latest code has been kindly uploaded to svn
<http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Ozy_Metis_RPi_gateway> by Phil
VK6PH. It runs on a Raspberry Pi 2, and also an old U9600 low power x86 CPU
notebook (after recompiling). It seems to be working pretty well with
PowerSDR and KISS (including Tx), but the solution can be a bit fragile at
times.

The codebase started life inside my copy of ghpsdr3-alex (thanks to John
Melton G0ORX/N6LYT). Beginning in ghpsdr3-alex as a duplicated directory,
but has now been crudely extracted into a stand-alone build before being
uploaded to svn.

Any assistance in improving the solution would be most welcome.

The svn link is here
<http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Ozy_Metis_RPi_gateway>.

Bob Wisdom VK4YA
bob.wisdom at gmail.com