[hpsdr] Ozy-Metis (RPi2) gateway announcement

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Sat May 23 17:23:20 PDT 2015

On 5/23/2015 3:59 PM, Bob Wisdom wrote:
> As a HPSDR owner using a Ozy, I thought it would be a bit of fun to
> see if I could use a Raspberry Pi2 to gateway between Ozy USB and to
> emulate a Metis Ethernet card to the outside world.

Excellent!
This is something I've been wanting to do for some time now, but it
never worked its way to the top of the project list. I do have a Metis
based HPSDR system and a Hermes on my LAN, but I have a couple of spare
Ozy/Janus combos that I would like to use. I also have a friend with an
Ozy based HPSDR system, who doesn't mind tying up a PC, but would like
to have it LAN-accessible without going to a Metis board.
The RPi is so cheap, and just cries out for use in thus way, as a
USB/LAN translator.

After I shamelessly steal your code, the things I intend to do are:
-) compile for use on the BeagleBone Black (my preferred box, a bit more
expensive than the RPi)
-) use a Ozy/Janus interface to my old SDR1000 to get that on the LAN.
-) get my USB devices on the LAN, eg. DVB-dongles and bladeRF. (I know I
can currently do that, but it means typing up a PC to use the USB ports)

Thats just off the top of my head. I expect other uses will popup when I
start playing.

Thanks a bunch for putting this together!

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Phoenix  AZ  DM33xo