[hpsdr] CAT under PSDR

John Laur johnlaur at gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:16:28 PDT 2015

Glen,

You must install software that allows you to create a pair of virtual
serial ports which are connected to each other -- that is that data
transmitted into one virtual port is relayed into the second and vice
versa. Only one application can access a serial port at a time. You
will configure HRD for one port and PowerSDR for the other.

VSPM as recommended prior seems to have some problems for me; I have
seen several machines where everything checks out OK and it simply
does not work. I now suggest using com0com to create a virtual serial
port pair. It is free, open source, and you dont have to email Steve
to get a license for it (Though he has been very gracious to offer
VSPM in the absence of appropriate noncommercial alternatives in the
past!)

A com0com release with signed drivers is available from
https://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list

If you have previously installed VSPM make sure you unconfigure all
ports, uninstall completely, then reboot before installing com0com.

73, John K5IT