[hpsdr] Diversity experience.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Fri Nov 13 14:16:21 PST 2015

Hi all.

I have lately experienced how efficient the diversity is to eliminate
local noise. One month I got some very high noise on 80 meter that I have
located it to come from the ADSL line into my house. So far I have not
been able to get rid of it but when using Diversity, I am able to suppress
the noise >15 dB so that I can read stations that are totally unreadable.

But if I change the frequency up and down, even only 50 Hz, the noise
reduction is lost. But if I activate CTUNE, the diversity noise reduction
is kept even if I move to a totally different frequency. I have not seen
this mentioned before but I may have missed it.

I am really impressed of the diversity. It is quite unbelievable how
efficient is really is!

73, Kjell

--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/