[hpsdr] Diversity experience.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Sat Nov 14 01:14:06 PST 2015

Hi Robin and Gerhard.

I am using a 84 meter long loop for RX1 (and TX) and a W3DZZ for RX2. They
are at 90 deg. to each other. Normally the loop picks up less noise (The
W3DZZ has 1 dB more noise than the loop, at least on 3,7 MHz.)

I can swap the two antennas and get the same results but I have to use the
loop as Reference Source in the Phasing Control panel. If I use the W3DZZ
as reference Source, the noise attenuation is not more than 12 dB or so.
When using the loop as reference the attenuation is >20 dB. So the antenna
having the lowest noise should be used as Reference source.

73, Kjell

På Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:57:24 +0100, skrev Robin Davies