[hpsdr] Which CPU will be better for HPSDR?

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Mon Nov 2 01:52:30 PST 2015

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the response to my questions.
I understand that the question is easier than the answer,
and that having both, high CPU clock and more CPU cores, would be the
best way to go.

I just got a bit confused when I looked at the CPU benchmark list.
I see that the real high benchmark CPU's( like a Intel Xeon E5-2698 v3 @
2.30GHz )
got lower clock's (but more cores).

In the early day's, the fastest  CPU where the those with highest clock
rates.

I will see if i can get some extra hobby funds (h.i) and then properly
go for aIntel Core i7-5930K, 6x 3.50GHz.

Thanks,

73' Bert