[hpsdr] ANAN and 2 vfo emulation /cat problem

Dom DEHAYS f6dro at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 30 09:56:01 PST 2015

  Hi Jo ,

  have U tried with an anan? In my case I'm sure it does not work if I try auto , and even in Manual mode , if I press >RIG while I'm in TX , the two vfo exchange their QRG . If I do it while in RX of course there is no pb.

  In my opinion the problem is:

  there is no indication  available to EHN when U press PTT that U are in tx , so the software sees the frequency changing suddenly , in the exemple below , when U switch to TX ,QRG suddenly changes from 28.000 to 28.003.497 and the software duty is to compensate for that and to put QRG back on 28.000 as it does not know U have switched to TX. In case of 2 true VFOs , it is a different thing.In my opinion there is not 2 VFOs , there is a meomry with 28000 switching to 28.003 .Something migth be missing in the driver to tell the TX is ON.
  I've got complains by other eme opertaors having the same problem on a flex1500 and another SDR transceiver I dont remember

  73
  Dom