[hpsdr] noise Blanker

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 4 15:44:36 PDT 2015

Hi all,I had my 1960 vintage electrical service lead replaced about two weeks ago. It was getting pretty ragged and I noticed the lights flickering more than normal. I have been unable to do much on 6 meters due to high local noise and suspected the wire. The lights flickering was cured but the noise was as bad as before when I got on to a local 6 meter net. Just for the heck of it I turned on the noise blankers and was able to operate like there was no noise. The performance was impressive.  The spectrum showed close spaced carriers across the 6 meter display. I didn't measure the spacing. I'm told some of the solar converters make a lot of noise. I have a couple systems in the neighborhood. It will be interesting to see how the new features work with S9 noise on 6 meters. Frank, WA1GFZ