[hpsdr] Possible AGC bug in PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.2.29 and previous versions

Øystein Dag Borlaug od-borla at online.no
Sun Oct 11 15:09:57 PDT 2015

Hi!

I am using the Anan-200D with firmware version 4.0 and PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR
mRX PS v3.2.29.

I discovered some strange AGC level value behavior when I changed from one
band to another.In many cases when I changed from band A to B (say 80 to
20m) the AGC level I used on band A overwrites the AGC value used last time
i visited the band B. After some investigation I found what the behavior
depends on the AGC setting (Long, Slow, Med etc.). If the AGC setting is the
same on both bands (or one of them are Fixed), the AGC level value will not
overwritten, but in all other cases it will.

This "undocumented feature" must have been there in former version of
PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR mRX PS too, since I got the same results using versions
v3.2.25 and v3.2.27.

Could others try to verify this?

73, Oystein, LA7JY