[hpsdr] FCC and SDR

Shirley Márquez Dúlcey mark at buttery.org
Mon Oct 12 06:36:58 PDT 2015

Equipment specifically designed for ham radio should not be affected
by the proposed rule. But hams also repurpose things, notably WiFi
routers (which appear to be the #1 target of the proposal), that are
type accepted and will be affected. There has been a lot of discussion
online about the fact that the rule would probably make it difficult
or impossible to run third party software like DD-WRT or OpenWRT on
your router, but not much on the impact on projects like
Broadband-Hamnet.