[hpsdr] New TAPR Product -- TASS Switch System

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Sep 27 13:32:24 PDT 2015

Hi Mark --

I had to go back and look up the Metcon to remember what it did. :-)

Actually, the Metcon looks an awful lot like a prehistoric Arduino!

The TASS is quite different, I think.  The relays and signal paths are designed for RF, and there's no intention to have other types of sensor boards -- micros like the Arduino can already do all that stuff.  It might even be thought of as similar to one of the Metcon daughter cards, with the Arduino taking the place of the Metcon board itself.

John