[hpsdr] AGC, Digital Modes, and Wide Bandwidths.

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 11:02:13 PDT 2016

I often do digital modes with my HPSDR system, PowerSDR and either
FLDIGI or WSJT-X.

When using a 3-4KHz bandwidth and WSJT-X, I have noted that if there is
one very large signal in the bandwidth, the rest of the bandwidth
flatlines.  This is obviously an effect of the AGC on the rest of the
signals in the band.  I have played with AGC settings to try to control
this effect, but am not really satisfied with any of the results.  I
thought "FIXED" might be the best way, but am not sure.

I assume that FLDIGI does the same thing. Haven't used it much lately.

Any Thoughts?

Mike, K7SR