[hpsdr] Ozy/Magister will likely stop working on Win10 in

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sun Aug 21 20:24:45 PDT 2016

I continue to use Magister in my Atlas-based system, and it does everything
I need, apart from a slightly annoying CW transmit issue that I have learnt
to live with. So far, I have found no reason to change to a Metis interface.

I plan to use Windows 7 for as long as I can, but eventually that will no
longer be supported. The purchase of a licence to continue the signing of
the driver is really just postponing the problem of Windows 10
compatibility. Whether one year or three years, it's a chunk of money, to
support a dwindling number of users.

So, I would consider changing to a Metis card, when the time comes to change
to Windows 10. TAPR still lists Metis as available, but it will cost me
around A$600 to land one here. I should be able to source one second hand.

Just how many are still using the Atlas-based HPSDR with Ozy/Magister? I
still use mine daily.

73,
Luke VK3HJ