[hpsdr] WSJT-x, VAC, PowerSDR and Windows 10 Problem Solution.

Al Pawlowsi K6AVP at almont.com
Fri Aug 26 13:19:43 PDT 2016

Been running WSJT-x with VAC connecting PowerSDR (ANAN-100b) for about a
year with no problems. I had set up VAC for one channel of mono
16bit/48k sps. About three days ago, I started having all kinds of
modulation problems - pops, clicks and amplitude variations. Since then,
I have been trying all kinds of changes to PowerSDR and VAC speeds
latency settings without any luck.

I just found the solution. I set VAC to make two channels, vs one, and
using one for output from WSJT to PowerSDR and the other vice-versa. I
can now run even slightly better (cleaner modulation and 384Ksps) than
ever before.

I have VAC 4.15, PowerSDR 3.3.9, WSJT-X 1.6.0 r6263 and latest Win10pro
on a 3gHz I3 dual core (a bootcamped 2011 iMac). I have VAC set for 7ms
interrupt latency, auto buffer size, 10max instances and channel mixing
- they were the (default, I think) settings with one channel and
changing them did not help before making two channels instead of one.

Don't know if this was due to a recent Win update or what, but happy it
works. Hope it helps someone else.

Al   K6AVP

BTW, the (Apple Win) driver for my 2003 Apple Bluetooth keyboard did
stop working at about the same time. The keyboard is still discovered by
Win10, but pairing fails. I had to go to a USB keyboard. The old BT
keyboard works fine booted in OS X 10.11.6 on the iMac and under Windows
7pro on my powerbook.