[hpsdr] Thetis ESSB issue.

jlgray.kr3ep at gmail.com jlgray.kr3ep at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:55:01 PDT 2016

System Unmanaged gigabit switch. Dell i5 quadcore 3.2 gig processor. 12 gig PNY memory 256 gig PNY sata SSD. Realtek gigbit ethernet. CAT6 cables. ANAN 10E PC headset.
  I typically run ESSB. While running in ESSB I was informed audio was degraded compared to standard SSB. While changing transmitted bandwidth in ESSB, on the recieving stations end they stated that the width did not change. I have several different ESSB setups. 4 6 and 8 k wide. In order to get the width to switch, pwersdr needs to be powered off then back on.
 Now for the degraded audio. I run a 10 band EQ. In my testing I found there is a random pulse in transmit that shows up on display and is also strong enough to key my amp. It is there with out the amp powered as well as I have keyed the rig without a mic connected with the same pulse showing up. It does not appear in standard SSB transmission.
 I thought it may have been rf in mic line. I tried several headsets and same result in ESSB Pulse is there. Tried it with running headset through pc and VAC with same result , pulse is there. Last I tried ESSB modes with mic unplugged and still it is there. When I switch to basic SSB at standard width , it is not there.
 Would post a video but at present I do not have a cam to do that with.
  Jeff KR3EP