[hpsdr] SDR questions

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Aug 31 00:05:53 PDT 2016

Hi Jim,

An easy way to check your PEP wattmeter: Select ‘use drive power’ in window
‘Tune’.  Read the figure on your PEP wattmeter. Now select ‘2 tone’ test
either in ‘Linearisation’ or in settings\test (using the same drive power
level).  You’ve to read identical figures, because PowerSDR provides the 2
test carriers exactly 6 dB down of the single carrier level.

If you are using a pre-distortion feedback path with defined attenuation you
can control this procedure on your panadapter. No external wattmeter
measures more accurately than your HPSDR radio!

73, Helmut, DC6NY