[hpsdr] SDR questions

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Tue Aug 30 15:35:32 PDT 2016

All:

I have been asking a bunch of questions lately, and wanted to share what
I've learned -- before I ask one more question!

1.  I asked about low output from Penny.  My Icom microphones need 8V of
bias; I've learned that the board provides 2.5 volts. Now that I know
this, I can easily provide.  I have studied the Penny schematic and
verified that if the bias jumper is /removed/ then no damage will occur
from externally applied bias.

2.  I have been provided a great algorithm for adjusting power amplifier
gains, much easier than my 2 wattmeter plan:  Run the two-tone test into
a dummy load, and adjust gain to achieve 50W indicated on a wattmeter --
that's 100W PEP.

Thanks to /everyone /who has responded to my questions.

I have one more:

I'm running PowerSDRmRx on Windows7 Home Premium.  When I double-click
the application, I get the winders security, "Do you really want to
allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to
this computer?"  If I select "yes", it runs.  How do I make this winders
nonsense go away?  I have already done, /right-click ==> properties ==>
Security ==> allow system, administrators and my user account/ full
access.  Still, I get the nag!  Any way to make it go away??

Thanks & 73,

Jim

wb4gcs at amsat.org

---