[hpsdr] Signal level discrepancy RA Utility / Multimeter

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Thu Feb 11 15:40:16 PST 2016

Wolfgang and all,

Thanks much for the feedback.  I’ll consider everything.

Of course the data file has the creation date/time already imbedded in it just as all Windows files do and you may access it by using the file “info” feature in Windows.  It would be no particular problem to write the date/time into a header for each data file though, of course; just a bit redundant in my view.  Including comments can be a bit trickier unless we specify how many bytes a comment may use, etc so that the READ function will work properly, and I’m sure whatever I would select as a number of comment bytes will not make everyone happy as some people tend to be more verbose than others in creating such comments and making it a variable length is more trouble than I had hoped to put toward the modification effort.  I’ll think on it.

For my information, if comma is used in the EU region as decimal point is used in the US region then what symbol is typically used for separation between columns of data in a text data file that can be read by EU Excel please?  Is there a standard one for the EU region?

73, Joe K5SO