[hpsdr] C# Book Recommendation

Roger Rehr w3sz73 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 06:43:16 PST 2016

HI Georg,

I think you made the right decision.  If you are already doing some C#
then the book I recommended would be too basic.

I have been using Visual Studio 20015 here,and PowerSDR mRX compiles
fine with it.  You get the expected messages that Visual Studio is
going to need up do some updating of source files, and once that is
(automatically) done the compilation goes fine and the program runs
fine.  I am listening to mRX PS v 3.3.6 just downloaded from the SVN and
compiled with Visual Studio 2015 using the PowerSDR_vs2013.sln file to
start as I type this.  This successful build was configured to rebuild
PowerSDR and wdsp but did not rebuild the other projects as there is no
reason to do so.

But just as an FYI, so you know what to expect if you try it, using VS
2015 I was also able to rebuild pthread, portaudio, and Janus audio.

Attempting to rebuild OJTone was unsuccessful, giving the error:
Cannot open include file: 'analyzer.h': No such file or
directory	OJTone
f:\powersdr_mrx_ps\source\janusaudio\private.h	53

Attempting to rebuild OJLoopback was unsuccessful and gave 2 equivalent
errors:  Error	C1083  Cannot open include file: 'analyzer.h':
No such file or directory	OJLoopback
f:\powersdr_mrx_ps\source\janusaudio\private.h	53
and the same OJ tone error.

But again, there is no need to rebuild these projects when rebuilding
the solution.

Regarding the above, again, I am not an expert.  As before, I am
responding because no one else has done so and your appropriate and
interesting question certainly deserves an answer. I have the
great luxury of being retired and having plenty of time to read
the email lists and answer questions.  Hopefully you will get some
other comments from more knowledgeable folks who have less free time,
now that the weekend has arrived.

73,

Roger
W3SZ