[hpsdr] Timer resolution from 15.6 to 1 ms

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Sun Jan 31 10:54:27 PST 2016

Hi,

Some time back I ask for an possible solution for my problem that I had
"audio distortions during zooming and panning of the panadapter".
And yes the problem seems to be the "timer resolution" of the CPU / W7.
On W7 it seems default set to 15.6 ms and with a program called "set
timer resolution" I do set it to 1 ms and problem is solved.

Now my question:   can I set it to 1 ms by default somewhere in W7
(register or somewhere else)?
I searched on the net but did not find a solution other then the
program, I mentioned before, that needs to be run and set to 1 ms every time
or can it be programmed in HPpowersdr on a next release?.

Thanks,
Bert.