[hpsdr] Playback of I/Q recording w/o hardware

dmb at lightstream.net dmb at lightstream.net
Tue Jan 5 05:02:11 PST 2016

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your offer, but the .wav file is over 1 GB in size.

Here's what I have tried:

With the hardware powered off, and PowerSDR "off", I can click on the
'Wave' menu option and select the desired file to add it to the playlist,
but when I then click the PowerSDR 'START' button, I get an error message
dialog box that states: "Error starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected
and powered?"  The only available response is to click the "OK" button. In
the 'old days', I think there was an option to run PowerSDR in what was
called "Demo" mode, but that was several years ago, and I know that the
current PowerSDR mRS PS software has advanced tremendously, and shares
only a superficial GUI resemblance to the older version.

I've tried resetting the database to see if any other startup options were
presented, but the only options are to select a specific radio.

73,
Dale - WA8SRA