[hpsdr] The UDP ports in the new Ethernet protocol violate the ethos of the Internet.

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 14 09:07:18 PST 2016

A well-known to me source of advice says that the only part I got right was the first part
(those ports were in use in the current/old protocol to some extent), and the last part
where I said that avoiding well-known/assigned ports was a good idea.

The rest was somewhat of a misstatement, to be charitable.  Mea culpa!  I had
misunderstood why our firmware/hardware is confined to your local subnet.  It was the
implementing of network code in FPGA that resulted in this circumstance (an incomplete,
thus technically buggy implementation of DHCP is in the FPGA in Verilog code.)

73,
George K9TRV