[hpsdr] The UDP ports in the new Ethernet protocol violate the ethos of the Internet.

Michael Cozzi cozzicon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:40:21 PST 2016

     Hi Matt,

     Well, I agree you have a point, but in practice most of the ports
in that range are protocols which are rarely used by hams- or in some
cases by anyone else.

     Just like no one adheres to fully to 2821 anymore... many of those
protocol assignments are dead protocols. Personally, given the
application, those ports don't bother me. Now if it was intended to be a
WAN protocol... then I might have issue.

     But it is a good point which should be considered.

     Michael- KD8TUT