[hpsdr] USB vs Ethernet

List Mail mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Fri Jan 29 17:48:45 PST 2016

OpenHPSDR evolved from USB2 to Ethernet interface for good reasons, I'm
sure, but will I gain any advantage to toss my Magister card and replace it
with a Metis card?

My Atlas-based system works as I require it, apart from a CW T/R switching
problem that appeared when I installed later versions of PowerSDR (which
also crashes from time to time, but that could be any number of issues).

I use my HPSDR daily for working DX, mostly in CW. I like to use the second
receiver instance to listen in the split, to target my calling frequency.

If I were to use Metis, might my CW T/R switching be resolved? What other
improvements might I expect?

With the Aussie dollar being now worth about two bob, I have no desire to
purchase a new transceiver.

73,
Luke VK3HJ