[hpsdr] 16-bit DUC/DDC transceiver ODYSSEY

k3it gokoyev+k3it at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:11:28 PST 2016

Compared to Hermes I see some advantages

- about 2/3 of the size
- under 5w power consumption
- better PCB layout? - the 50 MHz spectrum looks incredibly flat and birdie
free
- wifi and usb options in addition to ethernet
- works with a wider range of software
-slightly cheaper

cons
- lower sensitivity -127 dbm.  But this is still below band noise in all
but most ideal conditions
- only two receivers
- does not work with HPSDR predistortion
- software bugs and glitches due to protocol emulation
- claims to be open source, but the use of BGA probably means that very few
people will build their own
- not much following outside of Russia (even though it's a "German" product
;)

This is a tough decision :)

Vasily K3IT