[hpsdr] Windows 10

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Sun Jun 5 09:29:15 PDT 2016

On 6/5/2016 5:09 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
> I also wonder about this - Windows 10 is running superbly on a variety of my
> machines, even some of early Core2DUO vintage. Even though Microsoft may
> suggest that particular hardware can't run Windows 10 it's always worth
> giving it a go. I'm rather heavily into SDR, Intel IPP, NVIDIA CUDA etc. and
> haven't had a single problem I can lay at the feet of Microsoft.
>
> The Edge browser sucks big time, once they bother to finish the basics it'll
> be usable, for now Chrome is really where it's at for me.

Same here. I have Windows 10 both on my desktop PC (actually a tower) and on my
laptop. No problems whatsoever... all the programs I wrote, some of which date back
to the Windows 95 era, do work perfectly, as do all the utilities., compilers, whatsoever
I use everyday. And it seems snappier than the Windows 7 I had before.

I also agree on the comment about the Edge browser. It still is in its infancy... for the
moment I use Chrome, waiting for that to grow up...

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
Credo Ut Intelligam/