[hpsdr] New ADC

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 14 06:02:57 PDT 2016

Hello

Let's get serious. The ADC32RF45 is unusable to anyone except a developer
with a significant Staff of Engineers and a multi-million dollar Prototyping
Laboratory. The Developer Board sells for $2500 and requires an additional
Data-Capture Card for another $1300 and that is only the start.

This device is for Top of the line Instruments, direct conversion RADAR
TRMs, and Electronic Countermeasures.

It is possible to create an SDR using this system but the cost will be too
high except for all but the 1% of the 1%; with an introductory cost of
$15,000 per copy.

Microwave Spectrum Analyzers use devices such as this like the Tektronix
RSA6000 Spectrum Analyzer; price $85,000 to $150,000, depending on the
accessories; I should know, I worked for Tektronix, back in the day.