[hpsdr] Hermes emulator

Mike Stramba mikestramba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:00:39 PDT 2016

Hi Alan,

Interesting project !

As I don't have SDR hardware yet, I've been searching for "IQ wave
files" and haven't  found much yet.

Then I started looking for software / info on how to generate
"simulated" radio  IQ data,  haven't found much on that yet
either.

Mike

This is one (iq file souce) I''ve found so far :

http://www.dk3qn.com/wfSDRwav.htm
This is meant for ham radio fellows who would like to get an
impression of what can be
expected from a very simple SDR RX hardware (e.g. SoftRock Lite II)
and a corresponding
SDR Software program ("Winrad" Freeware, see below), without the need
of owning any
SDR radio hardware!

The CW .wav file below is targeting CW OPs, as the .wav file below
represents a spectrum
of the European 40m CW band during a Region 1 CW contest in 2009, no SSB.

Within a few minutes you'll find yourself in the middle of a contest
and are able to tune-in
CW stations as if it was real-time.

The SSB .wav file is just a random recording of a section in the 20m SSB band.
Receiver used for this recording was a PMSDR receiver which is
available as an easy to
build kit from IW3AUT.