[hpsdr] DFC

ad0es ad0es at ad0es.net
Thu May 12 07:12:10 PDT 2016

Hi,

DFC in a nutshell:

antenna > bandpass filter > pre-amp > ADC > CPU/GPU/software

This speaks to the simplification of the RECEIVE portion of the problem.
The xmit portion will remain similar to the current situation.

There will be DACs etc. for xmit on the card.  There will be an FPGA on
the card to run various functions.  But the FPGA will no longer do
any of the FFT/DSP processing, greatly reducing its complexity.
It probably wont have CODECs for speaker, the PC would provide
those features via its soundcard. (will have some degree of support
for mike/key on card, thats a question for Phil).

FYI:  I am only involved in the CPU/GPU portion of the project, if I
mis-spoke
in any of my statements above, please correct me!

Steve AD0ES