[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: DFC

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:21:09 PDT 2016

With all due respect to Jetson, linux and everything else, I suspect
because the preponderance of code, i.e. Thetis, is Windows based, the first
fully capable implementation (e.g. all the bells and whistles that we are
currently enjoying) of Phil's DFC hardware will be with the DFC card and an
NVIDIA GPU in a PC under a variant of Thetis.

Ultimately it would be really nice if Thetis was split into client and
server sides. This is becoming increasing possible because much of the code
that is involved in actually running the radio has been divorced from the
GUI and now resides in channelmaster.dll. Unfortunately not all of the
code, yet. I would be *very* happy to run a small Windows PC as the radio
engine/server. Because of the CUDA processing, it would likely not take
much of a PC, particularly if all of the FFTs were done in CUDA.

That's all very forward looking, though. First there needs to be Thetis and
the new firmware. Then there needs to be new hardware. Then there needs to
be even newer software and, well, what do you call GPU code, anyway?
GPUware? DSPware? Flabware? ;-)

73!

Scott/w-u-2-o