[hpsdr] Dayton

Glen glenk4kv at mds-ham.com
Sat May 28 04:48:44 PDT 2016

Hello,

Was at Dayton, went by TAPR 4 different times, did not see anyone who's call
recognized.  I know Dave KV0S said he was there, never saw him.

Really did not see anything new there that was interesting in the HPSDR
world,
except the IC-7300.

Did see the Sun SDR guys, they were there.

Did not visit Flex, because I cannot afford anything they offer...

Better things are coming from Icom, as the 7300 is their BASE SDR offering
according to them.

Guys at Anan were enthusiastic, although not well-versed.  One fellow told
me
that he did not work for Anan or Gigaparts, but was manning the booth for a
favor to someone.  I talked to him about the 7300 and he said "it is a
homerun!"
Again, for the second year in a row, the Anan case was not opened up so I
could
look inside.  I did leave by lunchtime on Saturday.

Guy in my club just ordered a 7300, I asked him if I could borrow it for a
day
or two ;-)

Now that it is 6M E season, I am interested to know how the Hermes will hold
up
when compared to my K3...EU and AF are tough!  I am using a BF device in the
preamp section of my homebrew Alex...seems to be pretty good, only time will
tell.

73

Glen K4KV