[hpsdr] Computing power requirements

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Sat May 28 18:28:20 PDT 2016

All:

I built an intel Atom, which worked, but wasn't quite fast enough to run
PowerSDRmRX without dropouts.

I just tried a stripped-down laptop -- no chance.

SO, I'm going to spec out something new, preferably in a small form
factor like the Atom box.
Seeking suggestions in minimum required CPU speed and number of cores,
memory size, etc.  This will be dedicated to HPSDR, so won't need a huge
SSDD.

Will be running Winders7, so also wondering if it matters 64-bit versus
32-bit.  Unclear to me whether PowerSDRmRX knows the difference, and
whether or not it cares about the number of cores.

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org

---