[hpsdr] remote HPSDR operation whit VOX / PTT

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:21:22 PST 2016

Hi Bent,

Sadly, I am not a developer, otherwise I'd be happy to add a "tail time"
option ;-)

I am not a big fan of Teamviewer or Remaud. For remote operations I use
Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) to move both video and audio. RDP has a lot
less latency than any other program I've found, thereby minimizing the
audio "tail".

PowerSDR does have a minor challenge when interfacing to the RDP remote
audio devices that appear when an RDP session starts. PowerSDR in fact will
refuse to start when RDP remote audio devices are present. Therefore I have
found it is best to leave PowerSDR running and connect to the RDP remote
audio devices via Voicemeeter Banana. With the station in that state I can
leave on business travel and connect anytime I want and instantly start
using the radio.

The other thing that is nice about using Voicemeeter is that I can run
remote audio and run a digital mode program simultaneously.

If I have to remotely restart PowerSDR for some reason I have to connect
via RDP with no audio, start it, then reconnect via RDP with audio.
Thankfully that does not need to happen very often.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o