[hpsdr] PowerSDR, cuSDR and new GUI for HPSDR.

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Sun Oct 23 01:31:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

Scott, please don't forget the history of HPSDR. The projects were not
created for this group 'plug and play'-hams, who only moan about supposed
GUI deficits. HPSDR was and is an experimental platform. When e.g. Warren is
presently working on new linearization algorithms to battle against memory
effects  of power amplifiers, then this work is much more important than to
add some colored 'lanterns' in the GUI or to start PS automatically. BTW
lots of guys don't want this toys. Ask those spoiled hams how many of them
ever used the KISS console. It's really working and you can operate a radio
even with that GUI.

The growing challenge at least on the HF bands is man-made noise. To develop
intelligent weapons against this plague is more useful than other cosmetic
improvement. NR2, NB2 and SNB is just the beginning. High performance in the
brand is an obligation to provide best possible quality of our communication
channels.

Don't misunderstand me, I know Hermann personally and a bow respectfully to
his great work. It's hard for an individual  to do and continue this work in
the free time of  a daily stressing and responsible job. Others employ a lot
of man power for that task and can't pass Hermann's work. Nevertheless
without the complete functionality of the current openHPSDR PowerSDR or
Thetis only a few enthusiasts (can)will use CUSDR for RX purposes or
monitoring. We experienced a similar story with the ADAT-200 six years ago.
Hans, HB9CBU, offered a most advanced directsampling radio, produced in
commercial facility, but the software development was a one-man show.

I'm rather sure that our developer  will stay in track and I'm looking
forward to next exciting project Minerva using the DFC principle.

73, Helmut, DC6NY

---