[hpsdr] A real newbie question

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 11:24:31 PDT 2016

I'm one of the RBN team, and am comparison testing the QS1R and Red
Pitaya receivers with VE3NEA's CW Skimserv. I'm getting some anomalies
that I can't explain with my 1960's level of electronic sophistication,
so I'm looking to begin comparing the two receivers for things like
sensitivity, MDS, and so on.

A very useful tool would be an SDR console capable of running with both
the QS1R and the Red Pitaya (with software by Pavel Demin).  I have
SDRMAXV for the QS1R and PowerSDR from your website, but have no idea
whether the signal level readouts on the two programs are in any way
comparable.

Does anyone know of a console that will run with both sets of hardware
and provide signal levels in dBm?

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if PowerSDRmRX PS is fairly accurate
with its signal strength readouts, or at least consistent from 160 to
10M?  I'm seeing about a 20 dB reduction in sensitivity of the Red
Pitaya at 20M and above compared with 40 and below.

TIA

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check