[hpsdr] A real newbie question

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Wed Oct 26 11:56:50 PDT 2016

Hey Pete,
I don’t know about any common software that runs on both.  I have been messing with the Red Pitaya for a while now.  I have run it with SDR#, HDSDR, GNU Radio, and a while back on PowerSDR, but that’s no loaded on the “new” bench computer.

I’m getting ready to do some analysis of the RP, and have been finding and fixing my Rx test equipment accessories.  I just did a quick test using a good, modern signal generator.  I found that on SDR# version 1337, with the generator set to –93dBm, I get a signal about –100dBm on the RP and SDR#.  This level is consistent from about 2MHz to 30MHz.  So, the RP seems to be pretty flat across HF.

I want to do more testing at more RF levels, and particularly LF.  This is just a quick note, as everything was already running on the bench!  Also, don’t run the latest RP ecosystem with Pavel’s software, as there is a bug in the latest ecosystem vs Pavel SW.  If you run that combo, you will get multiple spurs around the main bang.

73, Terry, N4TLF