[hpsdr] codesigning certificate fund-raising campaign reached its goal!

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Sep 10 05:32:42 PDT 2016

Thank you all for your generosity!  About mid-day Friday, we went over the
goal of $1000, charged all the cards of people who donated, and placed the
order with DigiCert for the 3 year code-signing EV certificate.  The order
process is well underway, and the hardware token (an encrypted USB stick,
more or less) should arrive likely while I am at DCC the end of next week.
Then I get to work and produce a signed package, and submit to Microsoft for
cross-signing/attestation, or whatever it's called.

People are still emailing me about wanting to donate.  I say: keep up the
donations.  We will earmark those funds so that 3 years from now we have a
good start on the money that we need to renew the certificate at that time.

Everyone who donates or donated will receive a letter of thanks (possibly by
email, to save postage) as a PDF file, which can be used with your taxing
authority to the extent allowed by your tax laws.  I know it's a deduction
for most US taxpayers.

I will publish a list, without amounts, shortly, so that everyone knows who
helped with this.  But first, I'll acknowledge right now the major donors:

Bill Tracey KD5TFD
George Byrkit K9TRV
John Ackermann N8UR
Mike Stipick KC4RI

These four people were responsible for 60% of the needed funds.

Here are the rest of the donors, who donated between $10 and $50 each.  They
are from the US, Australia, UK, Italy, so far.
Theodore (Ted)	A. Antanaitis	WA7ZZB
Friedrich (Fritz)	 Berrer		VK6UZ
Samuel (Sam) O	Carson, Jr.	K4SOC
Jeffrie Cook			G0AFQ
Joseph (Joe) L Garner		KC6UTR
Alfred Green			N8UI
Alan E Hochhalter		KE7AXC
Walter	G. Holmes, Jr.		K5WH
Jeffrey	P Kelly			K2SDR
Danny (Dan) G Mitchell		W0IQ
Andrea	 Montefusco		IW0HDV
Norman (Stew) Pitou		KF5KOG
Perry	W Remaklus		W1COW
Thomas (Tom)	S Rousseau	K7PJT
Lawrence E. Stoskopf		N0UU
Mervyn	A Thomas		VK6BMT
Joe Torrey			WD5Y

My apologies if I haven't yet received your contribution details from the
TAPR office, and thus inadvertently omitted your name.  Also, apologies if
my eyes or fingers caused your name or callsign to be misrepresented.

73,
George K9TRV